Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Madrid "Madi" All Settled In

We recently received a wonderful update with photos from Madrid's family. Madrid was adopted from the Feline Rescue Adoption Center shortly after the New Year.

Madrid (we usually call her "Madi" because it seems less formal) has settled in very nicely to her new home. She was pretty nervous the first couple days and spent a lot of time hiding under the bed, but she now wanders comfortably throughout the house, and usually keeps us company when we're home. She sleeps with us at night and has made herself quite comfortable on our bed, as you can see from one of the attached photos. When we have guests, she comes right up and wants to get to know them, too. My parents were here a few week-ends after she came home with me, and she insisted on sleeping with them for part of the night.

Queen of the Bed

She loves to play, and we really enjoy playing with her. She has a number of new toys and also continues to play with the toy that came with her from Feline Rescue.

Yoga Kitty

She's been eating well. It took me a little while to figure out what kind of canned food she likes because she has completely different tastes from our previous cat, but I have found two brands and a few different flavors that she enjoys. She's on a mix of dry (no grain) and canned food now and is maintaining a healthy weight.

We had our first visit to the vet a couple weeks ago, and that was a little traumatic for both of us. She was fine during the actual visit, but I had to chase her around the house for about 10 minutes before I was finally able to get her into the carrier (I got her in a few times and she kept getting out before I could close it). Then she cried soooo loudly all the way to the vets, and I felt horrible!. I just kept telling her I was so sorry. The vet said she is healthy and doing well, so that was good to hear (I wasn't expecting to hear anything different, but it was still good to know). I took her to the Inver Grove Heights Animal Hospital, which is pretty close to my house. It was my first time going there, and I really liked the vet.

Madrid is such a beautiful cat, and my husband and I are both very happy to have her. Everyone who meets her, or sees her photos, just loves the coloring on her face!

Thanks for everything you all do!

Julie

Thank you for giving Madrid a loving home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails