Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Nelson's 12th Birthday



Annual update from adopter:

"It's that time of year again and Nelson and Alvie turned 12 on June 1st.


"Nelson is doing well and he will be seeing his vet soon to have his annual senior wellness exam...
.

"I continue to visit Alvie (Nelson's sister) every 2-3 weeks. She is doing very well and I'm encouraging the employees at the store where she "works" that she should see a vet again sometime this year. 

"As you may remember she saw the vet last year thanks to Feline Rescue and had five teeth extracted. As usual the owner of the pet store where she lives won't spend any of his money on her.

"I've brought up several possibilities to the store manager as to how he may be able to deal with Alvie as she ages. I suggested putting a collection box in the store and asking customers to contribute money for a vet visit.

"I've also talked to him about possibly putting up a sign at the store and asking someone to adopt her. I don't want to have her leave her home, however, if the owner does not take care of her, should health issues arise, then she should go to a home where she will be taken care of.

"Do you know anyone who may want to adopt a really sweet 12-year-old kitty who would be able to afford to care for her? Alvie's owner thinks she is not so great at her job of catching mice anymore and I may be able to convince him to let her go to a good home since he does not seem to care much for her anyway.


"Lana Kitty Pierson, my other Feline Rescue kitty is also doing very well. I seem to have worked out a schedule so that both Nelson and Lana get love and time out in the entire house. Lana is such a sweet and gentle kitty. She cuddles with me every night and hugs me with her paws while she purrs me to sleep.


"I hope you are doing well! As I do every year, I want to thank you for being Nelson's foster Mom and for caring about his life and progress.

"I also want to thank you again for your help in getting Alvie the help she needed last spring.

"You're the cats pajamas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails