Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lovely Lorelei

Lorelei and her single kitten Rory were fosters in my home for a while. Rory has been adopted but, as happens so often, the mother cat waits.

Feline Rescue received a call about a stray cat and her kittens that a family was caring for in their porch. I drove up to get them. They were shy, but with food to tempt them we were able to lure them into the carrier. I was surprised at how placid the mother was for the drive. It was like she knew she was getting help.

I named Lorelei and Rory for the mother/daughter characters on the TV show "The Gilmore Girls". They lived happily enough in my bathroom at first, but the other cats in my house made Lorelei very nervous. She was fiercely protective of Rory. We always wondered what her story was and what might have happened to the rest of her kittens.

She is in another foster home now with other cats and getting along fine now that she doesn't have Rory to protect, but she would dearly love a real forever home. She has all the beautiful colors of fall -- perhaps now is her time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails