Friday, October 24, 2008

These cats want to be your one and only!

Feline Rescue, Inc. is currently facing a shortage of space to accommodate cats that prefer to live with humans, and not other cats. The current need is particularly acute: unless one of these cats finds a forever home within the next 10 days, Gypsy Rose Lee and Raja will need to share a room.

Gypsy Rose Lee
I have decided to perform a little song and dance routine in the hopes of finding a home for myself. “Do-re-meow” Uh oh! Maybe I had better speak instead. While I am most grateful for the food, shelter, health benefits, and volunteer company, what I really want is for my human(s) to bring me home. Although my spirit is young, my body is not: my days of singing and dancing are over. Oh, I will still jump up in the air to play with my toys, but I think it is about time I settle down forevermore. I am a gentle lady: my deep, throaty meow is left over from my burlesque days. I love to be petted and brushed. And most of my day is spent napping. So if you have a place in your heart and home for a senior companion, come take me away!

Raja
Yes, I am noble, but not beneath begging for my forever home. Life at the shelter is very difficult for me: there are so many cats here! I can’t help but Grrrr here, Grrr there, GRRRR everywhere. One or two cats I might be able to tolerate in time, but not 69! I want nothing more than mutual respect from a quiet gentle adult human or two. I would love to be able watch outdoor life through a window, or soak up warm rays of sunshine while
I nap. That is all for which I ask!

Sonny
Yes, I know I am a cat, but cats make me anxious, and when I get anxious, well, ... I spray. To tell the truth: I am a loving lapsitter. You sit and I will jump on your lap. No, it is not necessary to pet me: I am fine without your hands rubbing my body. Okay, if you would like to pet me, how about gently brushing my forehead with your fingers? I will tell you when to stop. I am pretty quiet, except when I am upset about something; then, I complain. I am an intelligent adult who loves to play, either by myself or with humans. Hide-and-seek is one of my favorite games: stash some toys under a blankie and I will dig them out to entertain myself. Although I have been “in the system” since I was a kitten, I would rather not spend the rest of my life in a homeless shelter. Too many cats! And I seem to bring out the worst behavior of some of them. Remember when you were in grade school, the kid that was the target of the bullies? I am the feline equivalent of that child. Please, won’t you help me transition from underdog to meerkat?

For more pictures and information on these and other Feline Rescue cats, please visit our shelter or check out all our available cats at Petfinder.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails