Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Prayers answered for Pumpkin; he's coming home

I'm so so so happy to report that Pumpkin is all better and ready to come home. He has been purring all morning. All tests are normal. The vet thinks that it was a toxin and that the toxin was flushed from Pumpkin's system. The vet wants to re-check kidney function in a couple weeks to make sure that all is still well.

I still have no idea what Pumpkin could have gotten into. I've checked and re-checked my bathroom, and can't find anything that he might have eaten or licked. As weird as it sounds, I do hope that it was a toxin, though, because that means that he has normal kidneys. (I'm hoping that he doesn't have normal readings simply because he has been receiving so many fluids and medications.)

Thank you for your prayers, support, thoughts, and well-wishes. I can't wait to tell Benjamin and Claude that their brother is coming home. (Although they won't be able to see Pumpkin for awhile - Pumpkin has already started taking his Metronightazodnsodoskdlfjlksdlkfjsdfa (a big long medicine) for his diarrhea, and Claude and Benjamin will start in a couple days. I have to keep them separated so that they don't cross-contaminate/re-infect.)

Stacy
foster mom

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails