Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pixie's New Home

Pixie came into foster care pregnant and gave birth to 4 beautiful girls. This wonderful momma cat recently found a home of her own and we've already received great updates and photos.

Alice (her new name) is doing really well. She's SOOO comfortable around the dogs. It literally took her 2 days and she was out in the same room as them and not afraid at all. In fact, the other day, the dogs wanted to go into the dining room and Alice was blocking the doorway so they kind of made a move towards her and she just picked up her paw (to show them her 'weapon') and they backed right off. I laughed out loud. They're a combined weight of around 150 lb and she's maybe 8 lb soaking wet??

She had an upset tummy the first night and threw up on the floor but she seems to be doing better now. I'm mixing her old food with the new (a grain free one that Chuck and Don's recommended) and giving her a small amount of wet food twice a day. I had bought her a special bowl for water but she prefers to drink it out of the bathroom sink or else the dog's water bowl so I'm using her water bowl for the wet food now.

She heard a noise by the stove (I heard it, too.....it's that mouse that's so elusive). She's "ON IT" right now....very alert and attentive to the scritch scritch skritch sounds coming from (dare I say it??) inside the stove? This rodent has me baffled. It clearly sounded like he was in the drawer under the stove but I took it all the way out and Alice went in the spot where it was and there was nothing. I hope she's not the kind of cat that likes to bring her owner 'presents' at night..... ;-p

Thanks again for taking such good care of her for me. I appreciate all you (and Feline Rescue) did to ensure a happy life for her. She's become a great addition to our 'family'. Everyone just loves her. She has such a nice disposition! Did I tell you she didn't even make a peep when I drove her home? She just sat very quietly in the carrier the whole way home. She's such a sweetie!
Here's another photo I took today. My friend's 3 yr old wasted no time in picking Alice up and carrying her around like a baby. Alice was completely game for it......for awhile anyway. The little girl had to hold her piece of chocolate in her mouth to use two hands to pick up Alice. She said, "She's HEAVY!!" Yeah, right, all 8 lbs of her......ha!

Today I was moving stuff around and Alice went upstairs (helped herself to the apartment upstairs) and got to meet the cat up there....who was NOT very happy to have a strange kitty entering her space! There was some growling and hissing but the cats were in separated rooms so we figured it was a good way for them to meet each other.

Alice continues to explore everything new in her surroundings. I can't open a cupboard where she's not inside it. And she insists on testing every horizontal surface (no matter how high up or how narrow) to see if her skinny little body can fit onto it. One day I saw her perched on the curtain rod......all 1/2 inch of it. Luckily, the window behind it kept her stable. She's so funny to watch & keeps me constantly entertained. She loves water and is very curious about it. Today she tipped over the entire dog's water bowl......then chased after the water as it ran down the floor. She didn't even notice that she was SOAKED by it all.

Thanks again for all you do for these animals. Alice and I BOTH really appreciate it!
Janet


Two of Alice's kittens, Chloe and Daisy are still available for adoption. Like their mother the daughters also enjoy sleeping in sinks.


If you are interested in learning more about Chloe and Daisy, please call Joan at 612-702-9636 or Cathy at 651-230-3263.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails