Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update on no-longer-sad boy, Elmo

Hey everybody, it's me Elmo!



Remember me? I'm the little guy that got hurt really bad. I guess I was found on the side of the road with all sorts of broken bones. I remember a nice lady gently picked me up and took me to a doctor who did something called surgery and fixed me up really good.


Then I came to a house where some nice people are helping me recover. They had to do physical therapy to help make my hips and legs strong again. I didn't like my therapy sessions. I kept wiggling and squirming, my foster dad kept telling me "lay still Elmo". But I guess the exercises really helped. When I got here I couldn't stand or walk, but boy, you should see me now! I said "nothings gonna keep Elmo down."

It took a few weeks, but now I'm a walkin, talkin, playin machine. Sometimes my foster mom says "slow down Elmo, you're not totally healed yet, but I say "I gotta make up for lost time", so I keep playing until I'm all tuckered out, then I curl up with my foster mom and take a nap. She often calls me a goof-ball and dad calls me "a hoot." I think thats a good thing.


One weekend we went on a road trip to a cabin in the woods. I got to sit by big windows and watch lots of birds and squirrels and lay in the sun. In the evening we curled up by a fireplace and snuggled. My foster mom whispered in my ear and said that she loves me and I'm a good boy. What a great weekend.


While we were at the cabin they had a talk with me and said that I'm a big boy now and soon it will be time for me to leave the nest and find my forever home. I didn't know what that meant. They explained to me that after a day called Thanksgiving they will help me find a home with a nice family who will love me and keep me safe and warm. A place where I can run, play with lots of toys, snuggle on laps, and hopefully have windows so I can lay in the sun and maybe watch some birds. It will be a home where I can stay forever and ever.


So, if you would like me to bring my blankie and toys to your house, please call Cathy at 651-230-3263.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails