Monday, March 2, 2009

Gradual adjustments for Izzy & Tooda

Here is a good series of notes from an adopter of two kitties: the shy momma called Marmee (now Izabella or Izzy) and her more outgoing daughter Beth (now Matilda or Tooda).

It can take time to make the adjustment to a new home. Patience is required and adopting a pair of cats can be a big help:

2/3 Things are going good with the cats.

Marmee hasn't come out from under the bed (except at night when the lights are out and she sneaks out for some food or to use the litter box), so I'm a bit worried about her. How long do you think until she adjusts and comes out for some loving??

Beth is wonderful! She usuallys spends her days under the bed with her mom, but during the evenings she is out exploring and cuddling with me in bed. She is getting braver everyday!

My two-year-old son is so excited to have kitties, although I don't think he realizes there are two yet as he hasn't seen Marmee! I really want to give her love and attention, so I hope she comes out from under the bed soon!!!

Thanks again for everything, I love my girls and will give them a happy life!

2/4 Well, Marmee came out of hiding for a bit last night! She's getting brave! I think Beth had a long talk with her telling her how fun it was around the house.

She ran out from under the bed to go get some food, and when she didn't come back I peeked out in the hallway and she was just sitting there. So, I sat down on the floor and talked to her a bit, while Beth tried to get her to play, but she wasn't having any of that!

I went back to bed to read for a while, and soon she came back in and explored a little bit. So, she's slowly getting better! I can't wait for the day when I can pick her up and give her a big 'ol hug.

Beth is running around all the time now, followed me around all morning rubbing at my legs to be petted. Of course I couldn't resist!!

I love them so much, and I promise they will be spoiled and loved and very well cared for!! Thanks again for such wonderful kitties!!

2/5 Marmee popped out from under the bed for a bit again last night, and Beth is the princess of the house!!!

2/6 Marmee slept downstairs on the couch last night, so she's making progress!

2/18 Attached are some pictures of the girls! Yes, I have renamed them, Marmee is now Izabella, we call her Izzy, and Beth is Matilda, but my son can't quite say her name and calls her "Tooda", haha.

They are doing as well as can be expected!!!

Matilda is out running around most of the time, loves to play and snuggle, but also spends a lot of time keeping her mom company under the bed!

Izzy comes out at night when Alek is in bed (I think his loudness still frightens her) to eat and use the litter box, and then she'll settle in on the blanket I have next to my bed and sleep on that for a bit. She only lets me pet her when she is resting under the bed, and when I do she purrs and purrs!! I'm hoping that soon she'll realize that I only want to take care of her and will let me pet her while she's out and about. The minute I make a move towards her she's gone!!
Thanks again to both of you for finding me two such wonderful girls!!

2/20 It was so cute..........yesterday I was home sick and I kept sliding under the crib to pet Izzy (Marmee). Jealous little Matilda just had to jump right in there and get the attention!!

Then she started trying to nurse on her mom, it was the cutest thing. Izzy looked thoroughly irritated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails