Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sadie's New Home - Cats and Rabbits!!

Dasie fka Sadie has a new home with another young cat, CJ, and rabbits. We were all very curious to hear how she would get along with the rabbits. Just a few days after her adoption we received the following update.

All things considered, I think it's going really well! First off, I did decide to change names, as Sadie isn't one I'd come up with on my own. But if she's used to hearing it I don't want to make it too different, so I switched the S and the D and am calling her Dasie.

I kept her confined for the first overnight, but when I got up on Sunday I could hear lonely meows coming from her room, so I let her out while I was taking my shower and getting ready. There didn't seem to be any major fur flying so she's been out since.


Naturally, CJ was in an instant snit when we got home Saturday. She still is hissing quite a bit and trying to make it sound good, but the personal space bubble is shrinking with every passing hour. In fact, this morning when I woke up, both cats were on my bed, albeit in opposite corners, but still. Dasie is so laid back and has such a mellow personality that I think it's going to be hard for CJ to be upset for very long. I've been giving CJ extra loving so she knows she's not forgotten and I think that's helping.


Dasie's not quite sure what to make of the rabbits. For now while she's learning, she does the puffy-cat thing when they come bouncing up to her. The good thing is that I don't think she'll have as adversarial a relationship with them as CJ does. They go nose-to-nose without too much fallout.


I can already tell that without as many other cats around, Dasie's going to blossom. She's actually been quite chatty and follows me everywhere, and like I said, has already slept on my bed, and she's not shy at all about jumping into my lap and getting in my face in front of the computer.

Kelly


You can view more pictures of Dasie in her home on flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails