Friday, April 5, 2013

Henry sets the facts straight on FIV


I'm a big sweet boy who was out fending for myself all winter. I guess I didn't fend too well, because I was in rough shape by the time a kind person came along to rescue me. I had a bite injury on my leg. I've been all checked out by the surgeon, and she says I don't need surgery, but I may always walk with a limp. That's OK, because I don't plan to be outside anymore. I'm looking for a home that's inside... and forever!

I've tested positive for FIV, but don't let that scare you. That's just an immunodeficiency virus that I picked up out on the streets.  FIV-positive cats have weaker immune systems so can be more prone to getting infections. That's why you should always keep us inside and feed us healthy food. Other than that, FIV-positive cats tend to live normal lives and have a normal length of life. I'm planning on it!

I can even live with cats that are negative, as long as we don't fight. And I have no plans to do any fighting. I'm the big, sweet, submissive type.  I will get along fine with or without other cats. I can live with dogs too.

Despite all I've been through, I really love people. I hope to find a forever home really soon. You can learn more about FIV from Best Friends Animal Society. To learn more about me, see my profile or contact outreach@felinerescue.org.


**Note, Henry is not a Feline Rescue cat, but we're posting this as a courtesy to his rescuer because we want him to find a great home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails