Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lana & Starlet: So happy together

Lana and Starlet were foster cats in my home. Lana was a momma cat with kittens and Starlet came from the same location, so we considered them cousins. They were beautiful black cats, but black cats and adult cats are often the last ones adopted and so it was in this case.

To further complicate the situation, Starlet was very shy. When their adopter came to visit, she wouldn't even show herself. Bless this adopter, he was willing to trust me that the girls would do well together and Lana would help Starlet to adjust in her new home. It has worked out beautifully.

Please remember the adult cats, the black cats and the shy cats when you consider adopting. The personalities of the shy cats often blossom once they are in a home away from the stress of the other cats in the foster home or shelter and going to a home with a more outgoing friend or sibling cat makes the transition easier for the adopter and the cats.Hi Denise,

The cats are great!

I did not change their names and am NOT planning to. If anything, I would have named them A and B -- I like keeping things simple; I may be one of those people that should not be allowed to name things.

When my alarm goes off in the morning, Starlet jumps on me and meows in my ear, until I surrender and give her canned food -- Starlet does a great job of getting me up in the morning.

About 3 weeks ago, Starlet became interested in Kleenex boxes and pulled all the Kleenex out of the boxes in both bathrooms and the bedroom -- very cute. I put sticky tape on the boxes and Starlet lost interest in the boxes.

Recently Lana decided that her new favorite place to play is the bath tub (no water in it). Thus, she has been putting all of her favorite toys in the bath tub and playing there.

Both cats are great fun and love to play!

Thanks,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails